Passionate and driven full-stack developer with 10+ years' experience developing websites and managing web strategy for startups, government, and higher education. Proven track record of taking leadership roles and driving positive change in organizations.
Most recently I've been remotely running web operations for one of the largest university alumni organizations in the country. In 2014, our website received a Bronze award in the highest international awards program in our industry.
Specialties in data management, ecommerce/payment systems, fundraising, alumni relations, social media integration, APIs, mass emails, and overall web operations management and strategy.
Speaker at industry conferences (O'Reilly Web 2.0 Expo, BIG 12 alumni staff, and institutional leadership/tech sessions).
Extensive experience in designing, coding, and managing teams to create custom web applications, including integrating sites with telephone switches, interactive museum exhibits, and 3rd party applications and databases. Focus on streamlining / automating business practices and creating a better user experience.
I'll design the database, code the site, make the graphics, and then build the web server if I need too... or I'll manage a team to do the same. I just want to get stuff done. I seek challenging environments, motivated and positive teammates, and continual improvements of processes.
Outside of work I continue to code (you know, for fun). Working on startups, side-projects, blogging, and continuing to learn new/current technologies and languages. Outside of coding I tinker with my guitar and camera.
lead designer/developer on:
- Ecommerce and non-profit donations ($13M+ in yearly transactions in a fully-custom, PCI-compliant system)
- Mass email design and strategy (7M+ emails delivered yearly)
- Sports team / referee / game management
- Call tracking, recording, and reporting services with telephone switch integration
- Custom Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Real estate listings
- Event creation and registration
- Museum exhibit integration with video on-demand
- Profiles and directories
- Custom URL shortener with in-depth tracking
- CAS and custom authentication/role systems
- SQL to Oracle data syncs
- Web services and APIs
- Award nomination packet submissions and reviewing
- JSON, XML, RSS feeds
- Walled garden social networks
- Online magazines